Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome To Unreader!

Google Reader used to provide a feed of items that you shared, as well as a feed of items that your friends shared. But Google got rid of those convenient and useful features in their ill-considered move to force people to share via Google+

But I thought of a workaround: I created this blog specifically to share items that I would have formerly shared in Reader. Mostly articles I find interesting and webcomics I find funny. Light on politics and light on my own personal stuff.

A "Blog This" bookmarklet (see the link below) lets me easily post any item to the blog. And anyone who's interested can subscribe to this blog's RSS feed and read it as before in Reader. Easy, right? And it should work at least until Google decides to fold Blogger into Google+ as well...

What is BlogThis! ? - Blogger Help

No comments:

Post a Comment